Friday, November 28, 2008

Skijoring in the CHT

Photos thanks to Dave Desmarais at the drop kick corner: Wobbling skijorers make the turn without falling over! Skijorers dominated the H Coyne & Sons Twister finishing 1st and 3rd (have you heard that enough yet) - never fear, you sledders and Drew Spicer ("I don't think it's fair to have skijorers in there, I'd have been second without them") you get an extra dog for a 5 dog team at the Oscar's Electric on Dec 21st. whilst the skijorers stay at 3 (or 2 in Jon's case, cos that's his kennel this season)


2 comments:

  1. Judging by the look on Darrel's face Jon had been over this nasty section once or twice before the race. I ask again Jon... how long is your skijor line we can not even see the dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not long enough yet, although it is long enough to fit between me and my dogs.

    I am experimenting with ever increasing lengths of line, as eventuallu I hope to have an 11.9 mile line so that I can see the dogs coming back as I wait on the start line and simply hop forward and back across the line as the dogs finish. Skijorers...we're not all tree nutting numbskulls... aren't we? oh...

    ReplyDelete